This summer has featured a large supply of coconuty goodness mixed with delightful flavors. Summer, not surprisingly, is coconut season, and you can find just about any product–from coffee creamers, to chocolate, caramel and caramel candies and fun flavored iced coffee. Below is a short list of fun coconut inspired products that are worth a try.
- Dunkin Donuts’ new coconut mocha iced coffee. This fun treat is a great way to cool off as the tropical coconut flavor balanced well with the mocha overtones that create a well- balanced flavor roundness. Also available are: Coconut caramel and Coconut almond.
- Betty Crocker’s Almond Joy Icing. This I have not yet tried, but I can imagine that if the flavors of chocolate, coconut and almond compliment each other, it should taste no differently than the International Delight creamer of the same flavor.
- Caramel, Chocolate and Coconut Ice Cream by Edy’s: This is very close to the Girl Scout Samoas flavor, and was once named as such. This ice cream begins with a caramel flavored ice cream and chocolate ribbons, and chunks of the Samoas cookies are nestled in. The mix-ins make this ice cream a hit run. Make your own Samoas cookies and bars here.
- Nestle Crunch Samoas (Chocolate & Coconut) Bars. This is easily an addiction of mine. I can’t decide whether or not it’s due to the intoxicating balance of coconut and caramel, or the crispy and airy cookie texture. These bars come in three popular Girl Scout flavors: Coconut and Chocolate, Thin Mint and Peanut Butter Creme. Worth a try.
- Coffee Mate’s Coconut and Chocolate (Samoas) Creamer. This is a smooth, fun and indulgent creamer that features a soft, but noticeable coconut appearance, with a muted caramel finish. The smell is fantastic–your nose will pick up on the sweet coconut flavor with the lingering hint of sweet caramel. Perfect for a cozy cup of joe.
- Haagen-Dazs Coconut Macaroon Ice Cream. This by far has been the best ice cream I’ve tried. The base of the ice cream is a sweet coconut flavoring with coconut flakes. The ice cream features bits of coconut macaroon–chewy little bits of coconut flakes and cookies pieces. Exquisite and may be available in select stores.
These items won’t be in stores forever, so be sure to try them before the spicy tones of autumn roll around.