I love challenging myself and testing my willingness to step out of my comfort zone by assigning myself daring, fun and daily goals. I have a list of many items I have been wanting to cook, and will include them on here. So far, I’d say my progress has been pretty steady. I think cooking goals is a great way to break free of cooking the same dishes over again, and obviously a wonderful method to increase one’s cooking confidence! What cooking goals do you have for yourself? What are your general opinions on goals for success? Have you reached many of your cooking goals? What do you think of making a cooking goals list? (Restricting or innovative) If you has a list, what type of things would you include on it?
I’d love to hear your input, and if you like my posts, please comment, rate and subscribe! Thanks!!! 🙂
This is NOT my comprehensive list. These are just some of the more interesting items I have decided to include. ENJOY! and feel free to add yours!
Peach Cobbler (with fresh peaches and brandy)
- Chinese Orange Chicken
- Thai Tea
Curry Chicken (Jamaican Style)
- A Breakfast Stratta (with herb sauteed mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, fresh basil, feta cheese, and artichokes)
- Zabaglione Cupcakes
- Crab Cakes (jerked flavored?) from scratch with some kind of an interesting pineapple and jalapeno relish/salsa.
- Tandoori Chicken
- Banana-Pineapple Upside down cake
- Stir Fry the way my mom makes it
Korean BBQ Chicken
- Spring Rolls
- Sweet Potato Wedges with a savory garlic and chipotle mayo.
- Asparagus cooked in a dry white wine, then topped with a garlic and herb hollandaise sauce OR topped with Italian seasoned panko break crumbs, still cooked in a garlic, butter white wine.
- Thai Chicken in both light and dark soy sauces, fish sauce, spices, and oyster sauces, with sweet Asian chili sauce.
Green Tea and Coconut Cake with a Coconut Glaze
- At least 5 frostings from scratch (3 down 2 to go: buttercream, cream cheese, and a glaze so far)
- Samosa (Veggie)
- Paella (Seafood)
- Chicken Patty Jamaican Style
Buttermilk Biscuits Chinese Donuts (made during the Chinese New Year of the Rabbit 🙂
- Bagels from scratch
- Strawberry Chocolate Layer Cake
- Veggie Lasagna
Orange Cranberry Scones
- S’mores Cupcakes
- Strawberry Chocolate Champagne Truffles
Pink Grapefruit Yogurt Layer Cake
Red Lobster Biscuits
- Sweet Mango Sticky Rice
Berry Cheesecake (everything from scratch except crust)
- Chai coffee cake
- Seafood gumbo
- Pear Brandy Custard Galette with vanilla bean (and a caramel drizzle?)
- Ginger Coconut Blondies
- Flavored Frozen Yogurt
- Nectarine Ice Cream (from scratch)
- Miso Soup
Carrot Cake (with a homemade cream cheese buttercream frosting)